There has been no coincidence in our cooperation with the technical university of Wrocław under the umbrella of the 55th International Metrology Conference; instead, it has proved that, while consistently pursuing growth and innovation, we are willing to exchange knowledge with scientific circles.
Three days, six sessions, and nearly 30 papers – this roughly sums up the International Metrology Conference held in September this year at Wrocław’s Active Hotel. The leitmotifs of this annual meeting of scientists included the tasks of metrology against innovative economy, measurement and diagnostic systems, as well as processing of measurement signals.
Measurements – a never ending story
Organised by the Wrocław University of Science and Technology, the event attracted attention of not only academics, but also representatives of the business world, including Rawlplug which partnered the conference, as well as institutions associated with the vast milieu of measurements. Shortly after the official opening ceremony, all these spheres were brilliantly put together and analysed by Prof. Gerald Gerlach, PhD Eng., of the Dresden University of Technology in his keynote speech entitled The long and rocky road from academic sensor research to industrial mass production.
The conference encompassed a very extensive cross-section of subjects. The papers delivered by the invited speakers addressed a vast array of problems, including:
- the LED-IOT adaptive lighting system used in a smart building (Krzysztof Górecki, Jerzy Spólnicki, Ilona Spólnicka),
- a review of the web scraping techniques harnessed to improve the data mining process (Patryk Mauer, Szczepan Paszkiel),
- an analysis of the sound signal in the X4 drone zone under specific environmental conditions (Marzena Mięsikowska),
- or the latest trends observed in the digital solutions applied in the area of measurement certification (Jacek Wójcik, Magdalena Piasecka, Marzena Mięsikowska).
Attention – invention: ice battery!
Rawlplug also enjoyed very strong representation at the Active Hotel. Paweł Bunio, Head of our R&D Department, introduced the scientific and academic circles to our operations, while presentations more specifically related to the conference subject matter were delivered by:
- Artur Grzesiak, Laboratory Department Leader (Assessment of the effect attributable to the drill bit type and drilling method on the shape of holes in concrete and masonry as well as on the load capacity of bonded anchors installed in these holes),
- by Michał Wisniewski, Design Engineer (Assessment of the effect of the gauges in use on the acceleration of the quality control and workpiece inspection processes),
- and by Aleksander Tałaj, Power Tools Area Leader (The role of analysis and measurement of key parameters for power tools).
One of the conference highlights which definitely stirred the spectators most was the first official presentation of the ice battery tested in summer at Rawlplug’s headquarters in Wrocław (Ice battery – analysis of the technological process optimisation) by the joint forces of Michał Wojsa (Wentima), Mateusz Lisiecki (Rawlplug), and Piotr Piechota (Wrocław University of Science and Technology). Brought to us by the cooperation between Wentima and the Wrocław University of Science and Technology, the invention is – to cut the long story short – an alternative source of energy and one of numerous such sources comprising Rawlplug’s innovative system for energy generation, storage, and management, already in operation. By the way, the ice battery will soon receive an exclusive news release. You should also expect a special episode of the Rawlercoaster podcast providing you with a closer look at the capabilities of the solution patented by Wentima.
Science in practice, or Rawlplug’s R&D and production
All those attending the conference had an opportunity to peek behind the scenes of Rawlplug. Guided by Paweł Zdunek, Senior Production Manager, the tour around the premises of the Wrocław manufacturing plant allowed them to get familiar with the entire product pipeline – from the tests and examinations at the R&D Department to the Plastics and Assembly Departments to the point where the finished products are moved to packaging. The visitors proved to be particularly interested in our 3D Printing Laboratory as well as... the autonomous carts we have been testing, navigating freely across the Production Department
Senior content specialist
The goal we share: innovations
Our active participation in events such as the September metrology conference is no coincidence. We have long cooperated with the Wrocław University of Science and Technology as well as with the entire international scientific community.
Head of Rawlplug’s R&D Department
29 November 2023#Events
Rawlplug at London Build – the UK’s largest industry event
22 November 2023#People
Rawlplug at SAIE Bari
13 November 2023#Power tools
Rawlplug India: big country – big plans
5 October 2023#Innovation
(Green) Rawlplug wins over ScrewFix Live 2023